Saturday, October 8, 2011

Per aspera ad astra - Full moon is coming

Moon will soon be in full. It's not the best time for astro photographers. Simply because it's facing sun and there aren't many shadows on its surface and it looks a bit flat. You can get nicer results if you wait until the moon is in its first or third quarter. But let's face it, with Irish weather you do astrophotography when you can and not when you want.

Below another two pictures, I took recently. As you can see on the second picture finally I managed to get magnification and we can see some features on the satellite surface.

Next step for me will be to get it all sharp. Hopefully you we'll see it on the next set of Moon's pictures.





 
What I really like about photographing moon, is that it changes colours. I guess it has something to do with moon reflecting sunlight. So when you start blocking the light (by using astronomy equipment), the moon shows it's real colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment